Our privacy commitment
We collect personal information from our clients, software developers, stored in the client accounts on our servers. Personal information is never shared with 3rd parties. We use the contact information on file to contact our clients for important software updates, security issues and occasional newsletters about our services. These newsletters include an 'unsubscribe' opt out option.
softWORKZ uses the Information you provide to operate the software_DNA Service. Authorized softWORKZ customer service representatives may access this information, upon your request, to assist you in using the software_DNA Service.
Except as otherwise stated below, information you provide to softWORKZ will not be shared outside of softWORKZ and its controlled subsidiaries without your permission.
softWORKZ will not disclose your personal information, without notice, unless if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on softWORKZ;
- protect and defend the rights or property of softWORKZ or the software_DNA Service; and,
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of softWORKZ, its web sites, or the public.
We use your credit card information only for billing purposes when applicable.
Some configuration options are stored on our server so that those settings are available when you sign in from a different computer or device. Certain information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by the software_DNA Service. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, and operating system. This information is used by softWORKZ for security and control purposes.
softWORKZ provides hosted software licensing services for our clients’ end users and does not interact directly with end users. We act as a “processor” of information on behalf of our clients. To fulfill our services, we require some end user technical details as well as an optional password and email address as below.
Under your licensing agreement with your end users, you will obtain explicit consent for capturing and storing of End user information described herein to be stored on our servers for the purposes of licensing your software.
End User information stored in the software_DNA system:
- One-way Hash: Information that identify parts of the computer are put through a special function (called a 'one-way hash') that turns the information into one code number that is unique to the end user's computer but cannot be deciphered (or reverse engineered) to determine what those components are. Only this hash value is sent to the activation server and not the details on the computer parts.
- Computer Name / ID
- License Activation Email – optional
- License Activation Password – optional
- Registration information as collected by your software application - optional
This information is stored in encrypted form on our servers. If none of the optional information is provided (email address and registration information) then no personal information will be transferred and stored. We suggest that no important personal passwords be used for the activation password, or a password that personally identifies the end user.
We do not share this information with 3rd parties.
Should an end user request all of its data to be forgotten, from the DNA Control Panel you will have the means to directly erase all the personal information and data for that client relative to its software license. It is understood that if this data is erased, the software license associated with that end user will continue to function but with some limitations.
If some of your users are in the European Economic Area, you must ensure that certain disclosures are given to, and consents obtained from, these end users for compliance with GDPR . If you fail to comply with this policy, we may limit or suspend your use of the software_DNA Licensing system and/or terminate your agreement.
softWORKZ strictly protects the security of the personal and end user information you provide. Information we collect is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access, and we carefully protect this information from loss or misuse, and from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Our servers are in different geographical hosted locations. These locations are protected from physical and virtual intrusion.
In the event of any breach of information that we detect, we will inform you immediately.
When sensitive information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted over the Internet, it is protected using encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Sensitive client information such as credit card information is stored in encrypted form on our servers and not accessible to softWORKZ employees except one selected officer of the company. Authorized softWORKZ customer service representatives may access encrypted end user information, upon your request, to assist you in using the software_DNA Service.
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Site preferences cookies
- In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of the contact methods on this web site.
As part of our preparation towards GDPR compliance, we have completed a detailed internal review including:
- Review of all End-User "Personal Information" stored in the software_DNA system, the justification for storing this information, and which information should be stored in encrypted form. For example, we will no longer store IP address information related to License events
- Review and update of our Encryption Key Management policies
- Development of new functions in the DNA Control Panel to view and erase "Personal Information"
- Review and update of our Information Policy
The following summarizes some of the key GDPR principles and our response / actions:
- Explicit consent from the End-User for capturing and storing of "personal information"
It is your responsibility to ensure your EULA with your End-User includes the personal information that we store while providing our Licensing Management services. See below for our GDPR Policy and details.
- End-user must be able to get access to the "personal information" stored by the software_DNA System.
End-Users may request from you details on what "Personal Information" you have.
In order to help you in answering these requests, we have provided a new function in the DNA Control Panel View GDPR Info in the Code View screen. A button will appear if the License Code of an ACTIVE product has been activated, and will display the "Personal Information" currently stored by software_DNA for that License. (see below)
- Security of personal data
"Personal Information" is stored in encrypted form in the software_DNA system.
Management of Encryption Keys is governed by our Data Security policies and overseen by our Data Protection Officer.
- Right to be forgotten
End-Users may request that you erase all "Personal Information" that you retain or that 3rd parties retain on your behalf.
In order to help you in complying with these request, we have provided a new function in the DNA Control Panel that allows you to delete any "Personal Information" of an End-User related to a specific License. You can access this function from the Code View screen by clicking on View GDPR Info (see below).
The License will continue to be ACTIVE, but some restrictions will apply. You also have the option of Banning / Disabling the License.
- Breach Notification
As stated in our revised "Information Privacy", we are committed to inform our Customers of any breach of "Personal Information" and provide any assistance required for your communication with your customers.